We are on the hunt for an Account Executive who has international work experience and excellent social media skills to bolster our team of corporate communications consultants in London.
Gong is a global boutique communications consultancy delivering world-class integrated PR, marketing and creative services. Our team across the UK, US and Africa, is experienced in tech, corporate and financial, education, energy, retail, infrastructure, sustainability and diversity and we are committed to helping businesses communicate their positive impact on the world. Even royalty seems to agree – we won the Queens Award for Enterprise in 2014 and in 2016 our client work has already been shortlisted for 5 industry awards in 2016.
The successful Account Executive will be working on clients ranging from agribusiness, private equity, asset management through to sustainable development in emerging markets on varied briefs with clients based predominantly in the US, Africa and the UK. You’ll be able to easily build rapport with these diverse clients and demonstrate an active interest in areas such as international development, US or African culture, role and marketing non-profits. Our current portfolio and growth areas present significant career progression opportunities for a candidate who possesses the unique mix of capabilities, experience and personality required for this role.
Whether you are building relationships with clients; developing creative and measurable content across social and digital channels; providing advice to colleagues and clients on market landscapes in the US or community development in Africa; implementing innovative programmes or using linguistic skills to help other account teams, you will be an ambitious, global citizen who can contribute clever ideas, sound judgement, confident counsel and flawless delivery.
Typical duties include being the clients’ daily ‘go to’ contact, traditional and social media relations, content writing and development, event management, research, media monitoring, reporting and offering wider support to the team where needed. You will also have plenty of opportunity to get out to industry events for networking and learning.
Have you got what it takes?
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- A degree in a relevant subject
- Entry-level understanding and experience of working in a UK communications agency
- An in-depth understanding of US or African culture and existing networks, ideally having studied or worked for a significant amount of time in either market
- Is experienced in using social media across a range of channels and applications, particularly in the not-for-profit sector
- Proficiency in a European language other than English (ideally Spanish)
- A basic understanding of at least one African language e.g. Arabic, Swahili, Hausa as this would be high advantageous
- A pre-existing interest in international development, diversity and inclusion or sustainability-related issues through paid / voluntary work or study, ideally in Africa or the US
- An aptitude for building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent English writing skills and able to adapt style according to the audience and medium
- Proven experience of conducting various forms of in-depth research, analysis and report writing
- An ability to consistently manage account administration e.g. press lists, coverage, reporting
- Confidence managing workloads and delivering high quality work to tight deadlines
- A willingness to take on responsibility, learn quickly and progress fast
In return, you can expect an initial salary of £22K depending on experience and rapid promotion if you can prove yourself. We have a collaborative and supportive working culture and fantastic benefits such as a profit related bonus, private healthcare, gym contribution, contributed pension, early finishes on Fridays during summer, a grooming treatment once a month, monthly team lunches and regular socials. We are also passionate about being responsible world citizens, supporting employee-nominated causes through regular donations and pro-bono work, including the opportunity to spend a month in Africa with our partner, the Africa Entrepreneur Collective.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to email@example.com.